If the parents or the legal guardians of the child cannot join your travel abroad, but you still insist on bringing the child ( (your niece, nephew, grandchild, family friend); it is still possible to bring him but you need to get certain requirements. AND this applies too to those children who will travel abroad by himself (cases where the parents are already abroad).
Exceptions however applies, such as:
- A minor, who is a Filipino citizen with permanent residency card for another country (like the green card for the US)
- A minor, who is a Filipino, who holds a valid pass such as dependents visa/pass/identification or permanent resident visa/pass/identification card.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS IN SECURING A TRAVEL CLEARANCE?
- Duly accomplished application form.
2. Photocopy of the Birth Certificate OR the passport of the minor
3. A written consent of both parents or the solo parent or the legal guardian permitting the minor to travel alone to a foreign country. JOINT AFFIDAVIT OF PARENTAL CONSENT
- As appropriate:
- a photocopy of the marriage certificate of the minor’s parents
- OR; a photocopy of the certificate of legal guardianship of the minor or in the case of solo parent
- In case of a Solo Parent:
- a photocopy of the solo parent identification card from the Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office OR;
- a photocopy of a certification from the Local Social Welfare and Development Office of being a solo parent OR;
- Tallaq or Faskh certification from the Shariah court or any Muslim Barangay or religious leader
- IN the case of an illegitimate minor, a certificate of no marriage (CENOMAR)* from the National Statistics Office (NSO)
- In the case of a deceased parent, a photocopy of the death certificate
5. Two colored passport size photos of the minor taken within the last 6 months.
6. Photocopy of the first page of the passport(s) of the traveling companion(s), as the came maybe.
The processing fee for each travel clearance issued to minors traveling abroad under the following options:
- Php 300.00 with validity of one (1) year.
- Php 600.00 with validity of two (2) years.