Caramoan is a peninsula, it consists of a lot of islands which you can visit and explore.
Here are the lists of things you can do while you are in this paradise
- Island Hopping– anyone in Caramoan should do this! you should not miss the wonderful islands in this peninsula… Staying in your hotel is a no-no! Get out and have a tan! and choose the island/s that you wanna visit!
- Most of the accommodations offered in Caramoan are located in their “bayan” or the municipality proper. Take note that staying in Caramoan proper, or the baranggay only means that you won’t be staying in a beachfront hotel, you need to travel 5-10 minutes by vehicle to have a glimpse of sparkling sand and water. The wonderful islands here doesn’t have on-site accommodation or any hotels.. only sand, water and nature… but I learned that you can pitch your tent in Matukad Island.
- There are beachfront hotels available such as Gota Beach Resort and Hunungan Cove, however, it is quite expensive. And these hotels are not located in the captivating islands themselves… They are located in another island (near the center of Caramoan). The beach in those hotels are nothing compared to those you’ll see during your island-hopping adventure.
- Islands not to miss: 1.) Matukad 2.) Lahos—love the strong waves! 3.) Cotivas Island 4.) Manlawi Sandbar 5.) Sabitang Laya--here you can see a lot of gorgeous limestone formations
2. Gear up your feet while you climb 527 steps of stairs to see the wonderful Grotto and the captivating view of some islands in Caramoan… However, this is not for the easily tired people like me since you really need to walk in steep stairs.
3. Eat Kinalas. This is Bicol’s specialty and Caramoan has its own take n making Kinalas.
4. Visit St. Michael’s parish. a 17th Century old Church… it’s made of red bricks, which made it a lot more interesting! It’s a wonderful sight!
5. Visit the underground river! It’s small but after heaving to soak in salt-water, it’s time to rinse in fresh water…. Underground river is the best with its clean, cold yet refreshing water
6. Buy some souvenirs! And try their pilinut candies!!
Tips while you are in Caramoan:
- Book your vacation in advance, especially if during peak seasons (March-May), you should book 2 months before your travel, so that you can make sure that you have a place to stay.
- Bring sunblock to protect your skin (You will be outside most of the time, so tanning is inevitable). Using sun block will protect you from sunburn)
- Bring a lot of water. After swimming in salty water you might need some fresh drinking water to revitalize yourself to swim again… in short, to quench your thirst. It’s better if its cold. 🙂
- If there’s no food included in your travel package, I advise you to bring food (pack lunch) since the city center is far from the beautiful islands of Caramoan. You really need to take a boat to come and go. Moreover, there are no vendors or any establishment in the islands I mentioned. It’s only you and nature. Nothing else.
- Bring your camera.. The places you’ll be visiting are really photogenic!
- No bar, no nightlife, just karaoke and some beers… If you want all-night partying, go to Boracay and have fun there! Caramoan is nature at its finest.